I've read four treasuries of Pearls Before Swine. I enjoyed it. There are a few jokes that go over the edge for me, but it's, over-all, really good.
Yeah, one of the common-occurring joke basis is when they act really stupid. Yeah, you heard me, they can act stupid! Pig and the crocodiles are really stupid. Well, except Larry the Crocodile's son. And the same son is--good part--a vegetarian! I love that part!
Goat is also really smart, too.
Some of the better jokes come from the Pig-and-Rat combos. That's what I think, anyway.
And it seems like the the author has a problem that I sometimes have with writing books. We have trouble thinking up names!!! The name "Bob" is the one that appears most after the main characters!
Plus, I read the two-treasuries-in-one, so reading the author's notes that went with the strips was fun too!
(Pearls Before Swine is a newspaper comic, but they made treasuries of this series).
I'll probably be continuing with this series; it's really good and funny!
The Cat Who Said Cheese
13 years ago
I really like that comic. It is one of my favorites.
ReplyDelete