Friday, March 26, 2010

Welcome to Hollow Fields

I just finished reading a three-in-one manga book that has a whole series in it. It's called "Hollow Fields."
Lucy Snow, the main character, was supposed to go to a nice school, but ends up in Miss Weaver's Academy for the Scientifically Gifted and Ethically Unfettered. It's also known as Hollow Fields. And it's a school meant to train EVIL MAD SCIENTISTS. But Lucy has to get the hang of the not-so-great subjects, because at the end of every week, the student with the lowest scores got sent to the windmill for detention... but no child ever returns!
Lucy decides to stop this. While surviving school, she finds out the secret of the windmill. With a help of a friend or two, and her toy dinosaur Dino, she brings Hollow Fields' evil down. In the end, a new principle takes over, and it will now trains GOOD mad scientists. Lucy is also staying.
I really liked this series-book. It was fun! By the way, Lucy's about 9 years old at the start.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad I 'recommended' it to you. Sorry it ended so soon.

    ReplyDelete