Sunday, December 26, 2010

Playing Phantasy Star 0

That's read "Phantasy Star Zero", not "Phantasy Star Oh." Just wanted to make that clear.
I spent months looking for this game. I finally got it during a sale at Toys "R" Us. I really enjoy it. It's fun playing, the graphics are cool, and I like the short animations that happen. The story is good too. Plus, the ending is supposed to act out on decisions you made during the game! Double fun! Plus, you get time to know the main characters you're playing with.
There are three races: Humans, suggested for beginners, CASTs, suggested for medium players, and Newmans, which are suggested for advanced players. It's funny: I wanted to play a CAST, but I ended up picking (not too happily) a human, since I was new to the game. But I'm having fun playing the human after all.
Humans, well, you know what they are. You're one! I'll mention something here. There are three classes. One is meant for close-range combat, one for long-range, and one for "spells." It's funny, I picked the long-range class, but I turned out to be a run-up-and-attack-then-direct-on kind of girl! Luckily, I can still use swords, but a couple options get ruled out.
CASTs are robots, put simply. But they have souls and minds, much like a certain enterprise I really like. I really like these guys too. I like the MC CAST character my MC is playing with, Ogi. They are also part of the reason I got this game, even though I'll have to wait for my second round to play one!
The last set are the Newmans. They're like elves, and are very good at spells, but they are supposed to have lower HP. Before my MC met my CAST partner, I met my Newman partner, a girl named Sarisa. She's very cute and sweet. This is also really cool about Phantasy Star 0: the characters are well-done.
I really like this game. I feel like I'm close to the end. The game is based on missions, though the side-quests have stories too! (Bonus points to the guys who made this game!) I think I'll be facing the main bad guy soon! Yay! Wish me luck!

2 comments: