Sunday, December 26, 2010

Current Project: The Quest for the Alamo!

This question has come up, so I'll answer it... no, it doesn't reference the real Alamo. The creature which the quest is for actually had a different name, the Deity, but, since I'm Christian, when I got the idea what the name meant, I changed the name. I needed a fantasy-sounding name, and my mind thought of "Alamo". I had no thought about the fortress in Texas at the time. But, it came up later. I have my MC joke about the name's true origin.
Now, about the actual story.
This is a story about Melody, a big-time tomboy girl. She is even an expert martial arts fighter, and quickly deals with bullies on her street. But she has troubles at home. Her father disappeared when she was young while he was searching ruins. Her mom doesn't mind the martial arts, but she wants Melody to be a girlie-girl. A friend of the family, Steven Jackpot, wants to Mel to be all girlie-girl, including getting rid of the martial arts! Plus, Melody has been noticing that Steven is trying to marry her mom! Mel's Christian, so she feels God, and a teddy she got from her father before the disappearance, are the only people she can turn to.
Then she discovers a mysterious door in one a hallway of her house. This is a door she has never seen before. She presumes it goes to the attic. But Steven makes a fuss over it, and her mother looks worried. Then, by accident, she falls down an odd tunnel behind the door! Like... straight-down tunnel, so it's more like a pit! That's just Chapter 1!
Yikes, huh? Here we all go... Hope things go better this time. I'm up to Chapter 5, so I'll do another post, putting summaries of the next few chapters. Another thing I like to mention about this Project... it's a fantasy! But you might have started guessing that already.

1 comment: