Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Movie: Avatar 3D

Avatar was a GREAT movie! It was about a man in the future named Jake Sully. He was once a Marine, but lost the use of his legs. This movie is about his adventure on the planet Pandora. The Avatar program made bodies (Avatars) like the ones of the local alien tribe--the Nai'vai. But a human mind could control these bodies.
Jake's twin brother had been signed up for this program, but he died on Earth. Since similar DNA was needed to control Jake's brother's Avatar, Jake was offered to take his place. Jake accepted.
But then Jake got accepted into the tribe. He becomes one of them, falls in love with the chief's daughter, and even starts to talk their language! But when the humans start to destroy the lives of the Nai'vai, Jake has to choose whether he'll stay with his own kind, or help the Nai'vai.
I went to the 3D version. The only annoying part about that was when bugs and leaves flew in your face!!! Other than that, 3D is pretty neat.
I feel like Avatar goes into the category of "Great Movies." I'd really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was a great movie too. Someday, maybe your mother will want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellie :) I'm one of your dad and mom's friends from WoW! Yes, I saw Avatar. Not in 3D however :( But I thought it was an awesome movie. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD so that we can buy it. Great critique of the movie! So glad to see you making your own blog, and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete