Thursday, February 25, 2010

Get Your Meatball-Proof Umbrella!

Today I watched the movie Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. I'd say it was an OK movie. The main character is an-inventor-want-to-be, in a town stuck with eating their own sardines. He makes a machine that turns water into food.
He wants his dad to be proud of him. Even when the main character's hometown Chewandsallow becomes famous for their new food weather, the father doesn't seem proud of him. Determined to be a "somebody," the main character over-does it, and the world gets in danger! Only after he saved the world, did his father become proud of him.
It was a pretty enjoyable movie (I forgot 2 mention Sam Sparks, the girl the main character falls in love with,) and it's based on the book "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs."
Overall, I think it was a pretty good movie, but it's not one of my top ones.

2 comments:

  1. I think you may have missed a point. The father was always proud of him, he just didn't know how to say it. That is why at the end, they said when he does a fishing metaphor, it was his way of saying he was proud of him.

    ReplyDelete